Tuesday, December 2, 2008

[SOE MOE] 2 New Entries: World AIDS Day 2008

World AIDS Day 2008


STOP AIDS, KEEP THE PROMISE
RESPECT & PROTECT

First December has been designated as World AIDS Day. It is a day to remember those who have been infected with HIV around the world. The number of people living with HIV is continuing to rise in every part of the world. This year mark the 20th anniversary of World AIDS Day. In 1988 WHO declared the first World AIDS Day in an effort to raise public awareness about HIV/AIDS. There are 33 million people living with HIV worldwide and 30.8 million are adults, 15.5 million are women and 2 million are children under 15 years old.


The figure is increasing and the government and people around the world have the duty to stop this incurable disease. People have to be responsible for themselves in order to protect their love ones.


BE PROTECTED AND PROTECT YOUR LOVE ONES.




Me And My Attempt To Visit Thailand & My Weekend Get Away To Malacca

As I mention before that I'm going to Malacca and Bangkok during this weekend and next weekend, I did go to Malacca with my colleagues and it's been a really crazy weekend touring to Malacca, Malaysia. But unfortunately, I won't be able to have my holiday get away from Singapore this coming weekend as the Bangkok International Airport is still under the control of opposition group in Thailand.

This is the second time I attempt to visit BKK with my friends and yet my attempt is not successful. When I planned to go there last month, there was a similar incident in Bangkok and we decided it was not safe to go there as there were public demonstration in Bangkok to protest the Thai government. Luckily we were allowed to reschedule our flights for two times and we did rescheduled to go to BKK this weekend. And again, the demonstration to bring down the current government in Bangkok last few days and they are taking over the airport and grounded all flights in and out of the airport which lead us to postpone our plans.

I was thinking of going to Puket but I'm not sure it is good idea as the situation in Bangkok is not very good at the moment for the weekend get away. The airline is good enough to reschedule our flights not only the timing but they are allowing us to change our destination if we want to visit another country or if we insist to another town in Thailand. We are still thinking where to visit and it is possible that we might visit Vietnum. Things are getting crazy and we are also getting crazy.

Talking about crazy, my weekend was crazy but full of fun. I went to Malacca on the company trip over the weekend. After getting drunk on friday night, I woke up very early on Saturday with a slight headache due to the messaive drinking on Friday night and headed to the pickup point in front of our office. The weather and the traffic conditions were not on my side as we were stucked at the second link for more than an hour and when we reached Malacca the sun was shining and the heat was intense which boost my headache through out the day during the tour. The tour ended when we visit Jonker street after our buffet. We decided to start our own tour at that point and walk around Malacca. After a few hours or walking we got back to our Holiday Inn and start our drinking session which last untill about 4 am in the early moring with 3 bottles of Tequila, one bottle of Chivas, one bottle of Black Label and 8 jugs of beer. It was the craziest night I've ever had with my colleagues. After good night sleep waking up late in the morning I was lucky enough not to suffer the hangover yet I was having the taste of liquor whenever I drunk anything.

Shopping at Mahkota Parade in Malacca was fun and I spent some money in order to feel good again and yes, I felt better after spending some money. Our trip back to Singapore took longer than expected as the traffic jam was too heavy. We spent more than 2 hours queuing at the Tuas checkpoint and finally we were back in Singapore and I manage to get back home only after 1am.

I had some good times with my colleagues and friends and it was fun. I'm looking forward to have my next get away from Singapore and I hope I can have fun with my friends soon. I took lots of photos and I will post them online soon but I haven't decided where to post.

You received this email because you are subscribed to the real_time feed for http://soemoeaung.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default. To change your subscription settings, please log into RSSFWD.